Listen up.

by - 5:49:00 PM



               listen diagram
      
       In my previous posts, I already said that I was taking some educational units in order me to teach. So we have this approach in which the students are the ones who will report the topics given. I was not so excited about it because I know I am not good at public speaking,  but still I am looking forward in to it. I want to impart my knowledge to them. 

       The day before I reported, I geared up everything. From the handout, PowerPoint presentation, the way on how I will explain it to them. Everything was all set. I also prepared myself and so the day has come.
I reported my topic the way i usually report on a normal setting. I just said what is on my slides and elaborate some of it. But then I noticed not no one was listening. They are just chatting with one another. I don't know what to do. It hurts a lot in my part because I know that I spend a lot of time to prepare and I put my effort on doing that report but they don't seem to care about that. 

      Realization occurs after I reported, nobody is listening because I don't make them listen. I don't smile and I was so stiff delivering my topic.  I don't let them participate, because I don't ask them. And my friends told me that my voice isn't so loud. 

       I admit I'm like anybody else, I do random stuff when the speaker is so boring. I keep on fidgeting or doodling anything. But I realized that when you are the one who is speaking and nobody is listening, its like they are doing what I do to them sometimes.

      So this is the life of a teacher. It was not an easy job. I was still trying to learn and understand how to be a teacher and how to be a good one. This track I am into right now and I must say, it is just a long long way to run.

You May Also Like

0 comments